Post-Graduate Certificate Course in Structural Diagnosis and Management (PGC-SDM) of Musculoskeletal Medicine
(Lumbar Spine Module)
» The Certificate Course is provided by Dr. M Shahadat Hossain and module leaders of Bangladesh Institute of Manual Therapy and Research (BIMTR)
» Certificate is provided by Dhaka College of Physiotherapy (DCPT), affiliated college of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Dhaka
Purpose of the Course:
- More than 10-15% of Bangladeshi population is suffering for Pain, Arthritis, Paralysis and Disability.
- There are nearly 3000 graduate Physiotherapists in Bangladesh and they need post-graduate certificate training to serve the population.
- Our purpose is to promote skill based education and research in Manual and Manipulative Therapy in SDM Approach.
Objectives of the program:
- To educate on evidence based manual and manipulative therapy to Physiotherapy professionals
- To promote scientific based module in the filed on non-operative managemnt of Pain, Arthritis and Paralysis sufferers
- To develop clinical research in manual and manipulation therapy
- To produce skilled physiotherapy professionals serving through manual and manipulative therapy in SDM Approach.
Beneficiary of the Program:
The primary benificiary of the program are-
- Graduate Physiotherapy professionals having 5 years bachelor degree in Physiotherapy from Public University
The secondary benificiary of the program are-
- 10-15 percent of Bangladeshi population having any musculoskeletal pain, arthritis and/or paralysis
Total duration: 4 weeks
Method of teaching: Hybrid (Online and offline class)
Offline Class: Thursday 2PM to 6PM, Friday 9 AM to 6PM
Online Class and Case Assignment: Saturday to Wednesday
The participants have to complete 10 case study on SDM, 2 case reports and 8 case reports after completion of the course.
|Week 1 Day 1-3||M-I: Clinical Anatomy and Neuroscience||Direct lecture: 4 hours|
|Week 1 Day 4-6||M-II: Spine Biomechanics||Direct lecture: 4 hours Collaborative lecture session: 2 hrs|
|Week 2 Day 1-3||M-III: Clinical Radiology & Imaging||Direct lecture: 2 hours|
|Week 2 Day 4-6||M-IV: Fundamental Concept of SDM||Direct lecture: 4 hours Collaborative lecture session: 4 hrs|
|Week 3 Day 6||M-V: SDM Assessment||Direct lecture: 4 hours Collaborative lecture session: 4 hrs|
|Week 3 Day 5- 6||M-VI: Practical session on assessment||Practical session: 10 hours|
|Week 3 Day 7||M- VII: Clinical Reasoning and Decision Making||Direct lecture: 2 hours Collaborative lecture session: 2 hrs|
|Week 4 Day 6||M- VIII: Diagnosis of Lumbar Dysfunctions||Practical session: 10 hours|
|Week 4 Day 7||M- IX: Treatment of Lumbar Spine in SDM||Practical session: 10 hours|
|Week 4 Day 6||M-X: Putting practice as Evidence||Direct lecture: 2 hours Collaborative lecture session: 2 hrs|
|Week 4 Day 7||Exam||Written, Practical and Viva-voice|
Eligibility of the Course:
- Entry requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy from reputed university.
- Seats: 30 Seats per batch
- Course fee: 5000 BDT
- Application process: Application through email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. M Shahdat Hossain, BScPT, MScPT (BHPI-DU), Ph. D. (Fellow, JU)
and 5 distinguished faculties of Structural Diagnosis and Management (SDM) Concept
Contact for Admission and Details:
Cell: 01615 45 15 27